Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wild Webcomic Review, 66 - 70

Okay, back to the old archives.  Sadly, this one has some rather, um, sad results.  You'll see.

August 09, 2006

66. Acid Keg - Groovy. Yet modern. Go figure. The art style is very 60's, the characters are too, sort of, but not quite. There are spies, psychotic drummers and a glass armonica. Make sure you've got flash on, some of the strips are built for it for some reason. Worth a read at least.

TODAY - Died, about a year and a half ago.  Which didn't register with me because it slowed down to such a crawl I stopped reading it shortly after I wrote the review.  I don't even think it's the same comic anymore anyway.

67. 5ideways - No, it's not misspelled. It's about the end of the world, and physics, and well, just about everything. Weird things happen, there are monsters, and weapons, and the undead. How fun! I like the art style a lot for some reason. Worth the read.

TODAY - Also dead, but only by a year, and again, I stopped reading long before that because it was slowing down and becoming uninteresting.  This is getting depressing.

68. w e e p g i r l - Not a strip, per say, more like a short story in art form. I won't spoil anything, but it is quite interesting.

TODAY - It moved, but I found it again.  Short and sweet, so I'm not too depressed on this one.  But then, there are two more comics to go.  *sigh*

69. Gin and the Devil - I am bummed that this comic is effectively dead because once it got going (and it took a bit) it was pretty fun. I like the one character, Parker, because he kind of reminds me of me, to an extent. The hair is a bit long, but at least he has some standards. Oh well.

TODAY - MIA.  Gone.  No sign of the actual strip anywhere.  I need to drink more.

70. Firstborn - I love the concept of the comic. Some of the execution is pretty good too. After that, it's kind of odd. Some of it is outright broken (the archives were a nightmare to run through at times). The only positive bit is that it has nudity in it. You can see boobies! It also appears to be dead, hasn't been updated in at least 6 months. Kind of a shame, but at the same time, not really. I hate comics that don't make me hate or love it. It annoys me.

TODAY - Also MIA.  As in, completely gone from what I can see.  BAH!

Yeah, all dead, aside from weepgirl which was designed that way.  And two gone entirely, vanished from the greater internet.   Next batch isn't much better.  I am in the desert of dead comics, and I must drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment