Friday, July 1, 2011

Lazy week

I've got a summer job at an amusement park, which means the next couple of weeks are going to be very, VERY busy (4th of July weekend).  That said, I don't want to leave you with no post this week.

So this is only tangentially related to webcomics because it has more to do with Champions Online, which is free and I've been playing recently.  The best part about Champions Online is the character creator, and I figured maybe I could use it to create a few characters from webcomics.  It's more for fun than anything else, but I thought you guys might like it.

To start with, we've got Super Hero Girl from Faith Evans Hick's comic of the same name.  


I would have gone with a more traditional star, but it looked HORRIBLE on her for some reason, so I went with this one.  No hoodie, so I went with a simple windbreaker. 



The cape is a short one because I thought it looked better than a full length one.  Most of the rest of the costume is kind of mix-mash of various looks SHG usually wears.  She has no set costume, so I had to use my imagination. 

Given that it's a back and white comic, the coloring I got from a deviantart image.

Next is Spinnerette.


 

Sadly, the game lacks an ability to add extra arms, so really it's just the base costume. The various yellow bands were the hardest part, honestly. They're more solid in the comic than here, but I think I got pretty close. Also missing a set under the breasts, but I couldn't find a good way to do that. I probably could have done the original costume (blue spider), but I like this look better. 

Finally, Weapon Brown himself.


Sadly, there's no way to do the shirt properly. Also can't get the hair thing, no option for that sadly. The boots are bit off, but look good anyway. The arm looks REALLY good.

And that's the update for the week.  Will I do more?  Maybe, we'll see.  In the meantime, go read those comics, they're good.  Until later kiddies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment