Friday, September 7, 2012

Forbidden Wild Webcomic Review: Part 1

Who knows the darkness that lurks in the hearts of men?  The

WILD WEBCOMIC REVIEW KNOWS!

Hey kiddies, finally doing another review set, but this one is a little different.  It's a two parter, for one, and for another, this doesn't have any of the comics in it.  Or any of the actual reviews.  That's saved for the second part.  The reason for this is many fold, but it comes down to this:  These are comics I've been reluctant to review.

It's not that they're bad comics, far from it in a couple cases.  There are a couple problems with them, however.  One is that 4 out of the 5 are on deviant art.  I've spoken before on how annoying deviant art is for a comic, specifically in sorting the archive.  This makes it difficult to even READ these comics, let alone share them with others.  It's doable, but annoying.

Deviant art also has it's mature content wall.  I have no problem reading a comic that features mature content (sex, nudity, violence), but deviant art does, so in order to see mature content, one must have a deviant art account.  This can seriously limit accessibility to a comic, and I don't like that at all.  I understand why deviant art does it, but it is still quite annoying.

Which brings me to the real issue, actually.  The deviant art stuff is annoying, but I have reviewed deviant art comics before.  The real issue is the content itself and how it might reflect on me.  Three of these comics feature what could easily be called fetish material, one of which is VERY fetish heavy.  The other two can be as well, to a point, and one is actually a glorified fanfic.

The point is, many of these comics are viewed for reasons other than their comic nature.  And if you can't figure out what that reason is, you probably shouldn't be reading any of these comics.  That said, I did not look for these comics for that reason.  Many were stumbled across via the favorites of artists or even comics I already follow.  Once found, the idea of using any of them for that reason is completely foreign to me.  Even the last one.  You'll see.  Anyway, I want to clear that up before I actually get to the reviews, so there's as little confusion as possible as to why I read them and why I've been reluctant to review them until now.

So next week I'll post the ACTUAL reviews of these comics, and celebrate the 3rd anniversary of this blog, so look out kiddies.  Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment